Body paragraphs in educational essays have evidence that supports debatable main some ideas that can be found in subject sentences, and accountable article writers make certain to introduce, cite, and explain quotes and paraphrases utilized as evidence.
INTRODUCE: Introduce all your valuable quotes using introductory phrases. Below are a few examples:
- In accordance with Michael Smith, “you should make use of the author’s first and last title whenever you cite that writer the very first time in your paper” (1).
- As Smith describes, “you can introduce a number to your quotes of different expressions” (1).
- Smith implies that “if the introduction to your quote is not a clause that is dependent it does not have to be accompanied by a comma” (1).
- Smith observes the next in the article: “by using a colon to introduce a quote, you will need a complete phrase preceding the colon” (1).
CITE: Provide appropriate parenthetical citations for many quotes and paraphrases (although not summaries). Look at the appropriate style guide for guidelines, e.g. MLA, APA, and Chicago. Check out directions for MLA style citation:
- In the event that author’s title seems within the introduction into the quote or perhaps into the paraphrase, it doesn’t need to can be found in the parenthetical guide, once the citations above illustrate.
- The name must appear in the parenthetical reference if the author’s name does not appear in the introduction to the quote.More